Friday 12 February 2010

Needles, Drugs and a Sharps Bin :-)

I picked up the drugs from the hospital pharmacy and then we had injection training.

I had decided before hand that although I was a bit nervous about injecting myself, that I'd just 'go for it' and not mess about.

It wasn't too bad. It was an odd sensation pushing the needle into my tummy. A bit like pushing a skewer into partly cooked fatty meat :-)

As well as the actual injection, the nurse made sure that we knew how to draw up the meds into the syringe.

Then I had the catheter test, which was a mock Embryo Transfer. My womb has a kink in it and at first the nurse felt some resistance but the catheter then went in easily. She asked me to try and remember how full my bladder felt, bc it was just right. If I drank less the kink would be worse and if I drank more it may kink the other way.

So i now have Buserelin to down regulate, then Menopur to stimulate (along with the Buserelin), a HCG drug which i will need to inject 36 hours before egg collection, progesterone pesseries, needles, plungers, wipes and a sharps box :-)

I will have a trans vaginal scan on 4th March to check if I have down regulated and Egg Collection could be around the 15th March, with Embryo Transfer possibly 2, 3 or 5 days afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.